Welcome to Aish of Greater Washington!
To connect Jews of all backgrounds to Jewish living, Torah wisdom and each other.
To create a movement of Jews of all backgrounds and ages learning about, experiencing and sharing Judasim.
Our Core Values:
- Judaism isn’t “all or nothing”.
- There is nothing more important for the Jewish people than unity and a love of all Jews that transcends any labels.
- Jewish wisdom is relevant and meaningful to modern living, guiding us how to live happy, empowered and vibrant lives.
- We can only give to others, if we are happy, growth-oriented people ourselves.
- We all have leadership traits and unique ways to contribute to the Jewish people. We just need to take responsibility.
Shul & Community- A warm, welcoming and vibrant community of families and young professionals of diverse Jewish backgrounds. Classes for all levels of learning, social events, and energetic, user-friendly Shabbat services followed by a delicious Kiddush.
The Sunday Experience- An exciting Sunday School for children ages 5-13 to expand their creativity, explore their individuality, discover their heritage and develop a love for Judaism. The curriculum includes Hebrew language, the weekly Torah portion, Holidays, Jewish values, and Israel. No shul membership is necessary to join.
Young Professionals Division- A group for Jews in their 20s and early 30s to come together to learn, meet new people, socialize, network and get inspired. Progrmas include weekly get-togethers and discussions on Jewish and Shabbat get-togethers.
Aish Women's Initiative- Classes and social events for Jewish women and thier families and the renowned J.W.R.P. Women's trips to Israel.